Data News Staff Edited Report
Election Season in Full Swing…Get Out and Vote
There are many races both at the local and state level with candidates running for office in several races.
Of course the race that’s getting the most attention is the for the State’s highest elected officer, where Incumbent Governor Democrat John Bel Edwards is being challenged by several opponents who are trying to unseat him.
But there are several races of local interest that include State Senate and State Representative and in Education, BESE Board District 2 that covers New Orleans.
Also on the ballot are several constitutional amendments and local propositions. While all are important Proposition 4 that has to do with trying to bring more affordable housing online in New Orleans is getting a lot of attention in this election cycle.
Early voting begins Saturday, Sept. 28 and ends Oct. 5. Early ballots can be cast from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day except Sunday. Runoff elections, if necessary, will be held Nov. 16.
Early Voting Information
Important Dates for October 12, 2019 Election
- September 28-October 5, 2019: Early voting , 8:30am-6pm, excluding Sunday
- Voters who need help finding their polling location can call (504) 658-8300 or use the Louisiana Voter Portal
Important Dates for November 16, 2019 Election
- October 16, 2019: Last day to register to vote in person & by mail
- October 26, 2019: Last day to register to vote (online)
- November 2-9, 2019: Early voting , 8:30am-6pm, excluding Sunday
Early Voting Sites:
1300 Perdido Street, Room 1W24
New Orleans, LA 70112
225 Morgan Street, Room 105
New Orleans, LA 70114
Chef Menteur Voting Machine Warehouse Site
8870 Chef Menteur Highway
New Orleans, LA 70126
Lake Vista Community Center
6500 Spanish Fort Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70124
Be the first to comment