Tracee Dundas Fashion Editor @fashionablyyoursnola
Fashion Editor: Tracee Dundas | @fashionablyyoursnola
Photos Provided by Each Store
LET’S GET PHYSICAL
When it comes to working out the most important thing is getting it done. Hands down getting it done is unequivocally what it’s all about. But who says you can’t look good while doing it? Regardless if your workout routine is going to the gym, taking a jog in City Park, or walking along the Lakefront, you are likely to see many others getting their workout to be physically fabulous, adding to the importance of looking good while working out. There is a lot of truth to the old saying “When you look good, you feel good” and when it comes to workout it can be a great motivator in helping stick to a routine and getting that workout in.
Never mind designer name brands or the latest fashion styles. The best workout clothes are designed to be functional, comfortable and make a difference in how you feel after exercising. Here are tips to keep in mind when choosing your workout clothes.
WORKOUT ATTIRE TIPS
1) Think Wicking. There are many breathable synthetic fabrics that “wick” the sweat away from your skin, which can help it to evaporate quickly and keep your body cool.
2) Confident Counts. Wear clothes that will make you feel confident and even sexy. After all that’s part of the reason you are working out, right?
3) Brand Lapel. Don’t worry about matching brands. Your outfit does not have coordinate from head to toe from one lapel. Unless you are receiving an endorsement check, it’s ok to mix and match.
4) Matching Up. While not sweating about matching the lapel, do remember to match color tone and style for a great pull together look.
5) Quality First: Stay away from “fast-fashions that is typically made from thinner fabric and poorly crafted. Better quality clothes will fit better, look better and last longer.
6) Don’t Hide Your Body: Big and baggy isn’t a style. No matter what your size is stay clear from wearing clothes that are 2 or 3 sizes larger than you are. It doesn’t help to build your confidence or help you be comfortable in your own skin if you are hiding your body in the clothes you wear.
7) Making Moves. Select fashions that you can move in and isn’t restrictive, after all the purpose is to be able to exercise in what you wear. Be sure to move around in the outfit before purchasing it to make sure it meets your comfort level.
8) It’s in the Details. Workout fashions have come a long way from your high school gym class. Look features such as pockets, hoodies, slender cuts, and fashions that can transition from the gym to running errands.
9) A Shoe In. Make sure your workout shoe is stylish, clean, and functional. What you choose needs to appropriate and functional for your workout routine.
10) Build a Variety: Be aware that others are taking notes of what you wear and your style. Don’t be a one hit wonder, with only one great outfit that you wear 3X’s a week. Get a few good basics that interchange with other pieces to create a variety of great looks!