2021 is Expected to be an Active Hurricane Season

Eric Connerly Data News Weekly Contributor

It is that time again; the 2021 Hurricane Season is expected to be busier than normal, with 13 to 20 named storms with 6 to 10 of them hurricanes and 3 to 5 reaching major hurricane strength of Category 3 or higher.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, said there’s a 60% chance of a more-active-than-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

If this forecast is accurate, this will be a record-setting year with an above normal number of tropical events, even after the agency raised its averages for storms in a normal season. And it follows the record-breaking 2020 season with 30 named storms, with 11 of those making landfall in the United States – including six hurricanes.

The previous record was in 2005, which saw 28 named storms, including Hurricanes Katrina and Rita striking Louisiana.
Hurricane season runs from June 1st through Nov. 30th.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, said there’s a 60% chance of a more-active-than-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

Tracee Dundas Founder, New Orleans Fashion Week Throughout history numerous circumstances have dictated society’s fashion landscape, causing people to pause
About LA Data News 1269 Articles
Lighting The Road To The Future

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*