Fashion Editor – Tracee Dundas – @fashionablyyoursnola
New Orleans Fashion Week (NOFW) returns for its 10th season, bringing together the talents of amazing designers from the Gulf Coast Region. The weeklong fete embraces New Orleans culture, and all things fashion, beauty, and creative. The much-anticipated fashion event of the year kicked off September 19th, with a themed party “Pink is the New Black” hosted at Virgin Hotels and included a Barbie-Inspired Fashion presentation by Bambi Deville Vintage. “It is an honor to receive recognition from the City of New Orleans and Embrace the Culture that fashion is an important contributor to the city’s culture and should be celebrated in conjunction with the city’s legendary cuisine, music, art, and film,” said Tracee Dundas, NOFW Founder/Creative Director.
Only having to pause due to the Pandemic, NOFW has consistently grown since its inception in 2011 by establishing the standard for regional fashion and designers. The renowned event unites fashion professionals with a series of runway shows, presentations, pop-up boutiques, networking opportunities and social experiences. The schedule of events encourages economic growth by creating opportunities for greater sustainability in the fashion community.
Making its fashion week debut with NOFW will be D’Amelio Footwear, a shoe line founded by the D’Amelio Family [Charli, Dixie, Heidi, and Marc] who rose to fame through their social media presence to create a cross-platform global brand. The D’Amelio’s have strategically grown its family brand to include a reality show on Hulu, beauty products, and an authentic, accessible, chic footwear line. D’Amelio Footwear, along with a list of other amazing designers will showcase their collection on September 23rd at the Historic Gallier Hall. Earlier that same day Indigo Boutique at Canal Place will host a Meet and Greet with Heidi D’Amelio. The matriarch of the family is a Louisiana native, former model with local agency ABOUTFACES, and longtime friend of Tracee Dundas. “Watching Heidi evolve over the years from model to mother now returning to the limelight as a social media and television sensation has been an incredible journey to witness and be a part of,” said Dundas.
Other Fashion Week Highlights included a guided tour on September 20th of Fashioning America: Grit to Glamour with Mel Buchanan, Curator of Decorative Arts & Design at New Orleans Museum of Art. The exhibit celebrates local designers as well with a mural installation showing the impact that fashion continues to have on the Gulf Coast Region. And on Saturday, September 23rd, NOFW in partnership with the Lakeside Mall will host Strut & Stretch, an opportunity to raise awareness and support Dress for Success New Orleans, a nonprofit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence.
The weeklong fashion fete ends with a wrap party hosted by House of Blues. For full NOFW details visit www.neworleansfashionweek.com
NEW ORLEANS FASHION WEEK 2023 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
• Tuesday, September 19th | Kick Off Party – Pink is the New Black ~Bambi Deville Vintage Fashion Presentation | 7PM | Virgin Hotels
• Wednesday, September 20th | Fashioning America: Grit to Glamour ~ a Guided Exhibit Tour | 4:30PM | NOMA
• Wednesday, September 20th | | Trashion: A Sustainable Fashion Show | 6PM | Degas House
• Thursday, September 21st| A Fall Fashion Experience ~in partnership with Indigo Boutique | 7PM
• Friday, September 22nd | Runway Shows | Doors: 6PM, Show 7PM | Gallier Hall |
• Saturday, September 23rd | Heidi D’Amelio Meet & Greet | 1PM | Indigo Boutique, Canal Place
• Saturday, September 23rd | Strut & Stretch ~ Dress for Success Giveback Event |
8AM Powerwalk | 9AM Yoga Session | 10AM Athleisure Fashion Show | Lakeside Mall
• Saturday, September 23rd | Runway Shows | Doors: 6PM, Show 7PM | Gallier Hall
• Saturday, September 23rd | Wrap Party | 10PM | House of Blues